There is no denying it, cars are a necessity in life. But they will inevitably need regular maintenance and sometimes life can throw a curveball with minor parking lot accidents to full-on collisions. Understanding the key differences between a body shop and a garage can help you when it comes time to get your vehicle repaired. The deciding factor between garages and body shops comes down to the basic mechanics of a car.
Key Differences Between Body Shops & Garages
Let’s start with a simple question for the beginners out there. Does your car problem require a new frame or door? Or does it have issues with the engine or other mechanical issues? If you said yes to the first question, you need a body shop or collision center! All mechanical and engine-related auto issues are generally taken care of in a garage or auto repair shop. That means most external (or body) damage or repair will fall to Body Shops.
What Body Shops & Collision Centers Do:
- Collision Repair: Collision centers can help repair the exterior of your vehicle or any non-moving parts. After a car accident, they can replace and restore your vehicle to be good as new.
- Paint Touch-Up & Detailing: Fresh paint jobs and touch-ups can be arranged at your local body shop or collision center. Whether it’s chipped from the usage or damaged from an accident, body shops can match your paint color to exactly how you had it before.
- Replace Damage: After an accident, if the body of your car is severely damaged, they can help get you replacement parts like the frame, bumpers, windows, and more!
What Auto Repair Shops Do:
- Oil changes
- Routine maintenance checks
- Brake replacements
- Repair engines and other moving parts
Adams Collision Service offers a variety of auto repair services in Huntley, IL, as well as surrounding Kane and McHenry Counties. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and hope you leave our facility, forgetting the unpleasant experience that started it all. Our staff is industry-certified, providing the highest quality repairs bringing your vehicle back to pre-accident condition. Your vehicle is a major investment, don’t compromise its value and safety – get it repaired professionally. For more information, visit our website or give us a call at 847.961.5409! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!