Choosing a collision repair shop can be stressful. You want to make sure your car is in good hands, but you don’t have the time or money to go around looking for a great body shop after you got into an accident.
Doing some research on the shops near you and learning what questions you should ask before making an appointment will help immensely when it comes time for repairs. The more knowledgeable and prepared you are, the less likely there will be any problems with your vehicle after getting it fixed. Finding a trustworthy shop can save both your wallet and peace of mind.
Things to look for in a reputable collision repair shop
It’s hard to know what to look for when trying to find a reputable collision repair shop. Here are some things you should check before going in:
- Find out what insurance company they work with.
- Look at reviews online or ask friends who have used these services in the past where they’ve had their car repaired.
- Ask about warranties, especially if your vehicle is newer because new cars are more expensive to fix.
- Ask for a quote and how long the repairs will take so you can plan accordingly.
Trust your instinct
Trust is an important factor in choosing a collision repair shop. You have most likely been through enough stress and don’t need the added anxiety of being unsure about who you’re dealing with when it comes time for auto repairs. Make sure to ask questions before starting any work on your car or truck, and if you are not confident, seek a different shop to work on your vehicle.
Ask the right questions
If you’re not sure about the shop’s repair plans, ask! Find out how they plan on fixing your vehicle and what technology or techniques will be used for this service. Here are some examples of questions you can ask.
- How much is my deductible?
- If my frame is bent, can my vehicle still be repaired?
- Will you be able to match the original paint on my car?
- Will the parts align with the rest of the vehicle?
- What if damage is found during the repair that is not on the original estimate?
- How will you contact me if you find out the repairs are more than estimated?
- What do I do if my vehicle is not drivable?
- How long will repairs take?
- When will you be able to fix the car?
Auto accidents are never fun, let alone deciding where to take your vehicle to be repaired. Trust Adams Collision Service to restore your vehicle to pre-accident condition! The proper repair of collision damage is critical to your vehicle’s safety, performance, and value. We employ industry-certified technicians and use the latest equipment to ensure your vehicle is repaired back to pre-accident condition, with the highest quality standards, and as quickly as possible. Contact us today!