Going on a summer getaway? It’s easy to just pack up a bag and go, but don’t forget to prepare your car! Getting your car ready for a summer road trip is just as important as getting yourself ready. A smooth trip with no conflict is obviously the most desirable. Do these ten things to get your car ready and you will have a perfect, stress-free trip.
Ten Things to Get Your Car Ready For a Road Trip
- Check the fluids (power steering fluid, transmission fluid, antifreeze, windshield washer fluid, and brake fluid).
- Every 3000 miles you should check your oil.
- Check your tire pressure. – Popular Mechanics recommends to check every 1000 miles.
- Test all the lights in your car (brakes, turn signals, headlights and taillights).
- Check the service engine light or any other service light that is on.
- Make sure your brake pads aren’t too thin – brake pads create a smoother stop.
- Check the actual brakes – if you are driving in the mountains or over 1000 miles and your brakes aren’t in good shape you are putting yourself at risk.
- Check your air filters, they could potentially affect the engine if not cleaned out regularly.
- Belts and Hoses under the hood need to be tightened if not tight enough.
- Make sure you have a fully pumped and working spare tire – you never know what could happen.
Adam’s Collision Service’s main goal is to make sure our customers are completely satisfied. Quality is our key focus in the repair process. Our qualified technicians have an I-Car Gold and ASE Blue Seal of Excellence status, which reflects our dedication in giving your automobile a proper repair. If you have any questions or concerns after using our services, we encourage you to contact us. We want you to be completely satisfied with your repair and if you tell us your needs, we will be given the opportunity to achieve that goal. For more information about Adams Collision Service, visit our website at adamscollisionservice.com or give us a call at 847.961.5409.